Resurrection Catholic Cemetery
SEARCH CEMETERY RECORDS
This beautiful, 114-acre cemetery was the first cemetery to be developed by The Catholic Cemeteries Association. Resurrection Cemetery, Moon Township, was consecrated by Bishop Dearden on October 16, 1955, only three years after The Catholic Cemeteries Association was incorporated.
The St. Lazarus garden crypt development at Resurrection Cemetery was the first above-ground project undertaken by The Catholic Cemeteries Association. In 1989, three companion garden crypt buildings were added. In the early 1990s, two additional garden crypt buildings were added and named St. Jude and St. Theresa.
Holy Angels Chapel Mausoleum, with 2,607 crypt and niche spaces, was dedicated in August 2002 by Bishop Donald Wuerl. In addition, 294 glass-front niche have been added in a private room named St. Gabriel.
Pre-construction sales have begun for Resurrection Cemetery's newest mausoleum project, St. Michael the Archangel Chapel Mausoleum. St. Michael will be situated adjacent to Holy Angels Mausoleum and will consist of more than 700 internal and external crypt and niche spaces.
As of 2008, 13,188 interments and entombments have taken place at Resurrection Cemetery.
Resurrection Catholic Cemetery & Mausoleum
100 Resurrection Road
Moon Township, PA 15108-7759