Calvary Catholic Cemetery
SEARCH CEMETERY RECORDS
In 1886, the diocese established the Calvary Cemetery Association and Calvary Cemetery, a 200-acre tract of land in the Hazelwood area of Pittsburgh. The first burial took place in June 1888.
Calvary Cemetery remains the largest of the diocesan cemeteries. Today it includes two beautiful chapel mausoleums, a large garden crypt development, the exclusive Cardinal Wright Oratory crypts, a large priests’ plot, and Shepherd’s Rest, a mausoleum set aside for the entombment of bishops of the Diocese of Pittsburgh. The central office of The Catholic Cemeteries Association is located on its premises.
A total of 152,238 interments and entombments have taken place at Calvary Cemetery as of 2008.
Calvary Catholic Cemetery & Mausoleum
718 Hazelwood Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15217-2807